Effective Date: The Privacy and Data Policy was last revised on January 11, 2020.
This policy describes the information we process to support Findz, and other products and features offered by GSynergy LLC (“Products”).
I. What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the Products, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use our Products.
Things you and others do and provide.
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location of a photo, the web source of a photo, or the date a file was created. Our systems automatically process content and communications you and others provide to analyze context and what’s in them for the purposes described below.
- People or things you interact with. We collect information about the people, accounts, third party websites, and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them across our Products, such as people you communicate with the most or groups you are part of. We also collect contact information if you choose to upload, sync or import it from a device (such as an address book), which we use for things like helping you connect with people you may know and for the other purposes listed below.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you’re using and have last used our Products, and what posts, media and other content you view on our Products. We also collect information about how you use features like our camera, our share buttons, etc.
- Information about transactions made on our Products. If you use our Products for purchases or other financial transactions, we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information; other account and authentication information; and billing, shipping and contact details. We may use third party services to collect, store and use this information for payment processing.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyze content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our Products. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on your content, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our Products on your phone to better personalize the content or features you see when you use our Products on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure how you react to certain features on a phone versus on a computer.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes. Information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations. Information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers. Unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from social accounts you use with Findz.
- Device signals. Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
- Data from device settings. Information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera, files, device storage or contacts.
- Network and connections. Information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed.
II. How do we use this information?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) as described below and to provide and support the Products and related services described in Findz Terms of Service. Here’s how:
Provide, personalize and improve our Products.
We use the information we have to deliver our Products, including to personalize features and content and make suggestions for you (such as content or connections you may be interested in) on and off our Products. To create personalized Products that are unique and relevant to you and your collaborators, we use your connections, preferences, interests and activities (including your interactions with others) based on the data we collect and learn from you and others; how you use and interact with our Products; and the people, places, or things you’re connected to and interested in on and off our Products.
- Location-related information. We use location-related information – such as your current location, the places and businesses you have visited before – to provide, personalize and improve our Products. For example, to help you record where you found something. Location-related information can be based on things like precise device location (if you’ve allowed us to collect it), IP addresses, and information from your and others’ use of Products.
- Product research and development. We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Products, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
Promote safety, integrity and security.
We use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Products, and promote safety and security on and off of our Products. For example, we use data we have to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies.
Communicate with you.
We use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Products, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Research and innovate for social good.
We use the information we have (including from research partners we collaborate with) to conduct and support research and innovation on topics of technological advancement, state and advancement of industries we support, individual and team productivity, public interest and well-being.
III. How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Sharing on our Products
- People and accounts you share and communicate with. When you share and communicate using our Products, you choose the audience for what you share.When you post content on Findz, you select the group to which you post, and hence the audience.Group administrators can add or remove members from the group after you post your content, and hence your content may become available to people you did not originally know.
- Content others share or reshare about you. You should consider who you choose to share with, because people who can see your activity on our Products can choose to share it with others on and off our Products, including people and businesses outside the audience you shared with. When you delete content from Findz, its copies continue to exist, and may be further shared by those who have access to them. For example, when you share a post or send a message to specific friends or accounts, they can download, screenshot, or reshare that content to others across or off our Products.
- Information about your active status or presence on our Products. People in your networks can see signals telling them whether you are active on our Products, including whether you are currently active on Findz, or when you last used our Products.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Products or their assets changes, we may transfer all your information held by us to the new owner.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners
We work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our Products. We don’t sell any of your information to anyone. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. Here are the types of third parties we share information with:
- Vendors and service providers. We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our Products are used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
- Researchers and academics. We also provide information and content to research partners and academics to conduct research that advances scholarship and innovation that support our business or mission, and enhances discovery and innovation on topics of technological advancement, state and advancement of industries we support, individual and team productivity, public interest and well-being.
- Law enforcement or legal requests. We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in the circumstances outlined below.
IV. How can you manage or delete content created by you?
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our Services or Products, or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
When you delete your account, we delete all content in groups owned by you. This includes content created or added by other members of your groups. However any copies of that content outside your groups, and outside Findz, will continue to exist. Any content you created in groups owned by others will continue to exist.
To delete content you created in groups owned by others, you will have to manually delete them while you still have access to those groups. However, any logs of your activity, including actions taken to delete content will continue to exist until the group exists.
Active collaborators and administrators of a group can delete some or all content created by other members of the group.
V. How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Products, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off our Products.
Information we receive about you (including financial transaction data related to purchases made on Findz) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for terms violations for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term violations.
VI. How do we operate and transfer data as part of our global services?
We share information globally, both internally within GSynergy, and externally with our partners, vendors and with those you connect and share with around the world in accordance with this policy. Your information may, for example, be transferred or transmitted to, or stored and processed in the United States or other countries outside of where you live for the purposes as described in this policy. These data transfers are necessary to provide the services set forth in the Findz Terms and to globally operate and provide our Products to you.
VII. How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
We’ll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy before you choose to continue using our Products.
VIII. How to contact us with questions
If you have questions about this policy, you can contact us at email@example.com or by mail at:
ATTN: Privacy Operations
PO Box 1151, Alpharetta, GA 30009